An Introduction to Digital Video
The badge holder has completed the All Aboard online lesson covering the basic principles, ideas and approaches behind producing digital video materials .
This badge is awarded on satisfactory completion of the online lesson on digital video and demonstrates that the holder should be able to:
- Understand some of the basic jargon around video production;
- Describe the key processes involved in each of the stages: pre-production, production, and post-production;
- Describe different types of shot and composition;
- Recognise the key aspects in the production of a good quality video, and be able to avoid some of the frequent pitfalls;
- Describe the types of equipment, software, and approaches that can be used to make effective videos, whether using inexpensive or professional equipment;
- Identify scope for digital video materials in higher education, recognising the particular strengths and limitations of the medium.