This denotes that the holder can produce, edit, and publish podcasts. In addition, they can source and subscribe to podcasts from a variety of sources.
For the award of this badge, the holder will have demonstrated that they can:
- make a digital audio recording which is clear and undistorted;
- edit such a recording, including removing sections, pasting sections together, adding in music or other sounds, fade from one segment to another, normalise the sound levels and perform a number of ‘effects’ such as varying the levels of base and treble;
- export recordings into mp3 format;
- upload recordings onto a suitable/appropriate website and/or VLE/LMS;
- create an RSS feed for a new series of podcasts;
- find and subscribe to podcasts from a number of sources.