Understanding Digital Images
This badge is awarded on successful completion of the All Aboard online lesson which introduces key ideas regarding digital images.
This badge is awarded upon successful completion of the All Aboard introductory online lesson on Understanding Digital Images. The badge holder should be able to:
- Explain how (greyscale and colour) images can be represented digitally, clarifying the term 'pixels' and 'image histograms'
- Describe basic image editing and processing actions, such as changing brightness and contrast
- List the key parameters of a good quality image and briefly explain what is meant by 'HDR'
- Recognise the main image file types and their main characteristics
- Be able to recognise when compressed images can be appropriately used and their advantages/disadvantages
- Find collections of images online that are useful for education or design.