This badge is awarded on successful completion of the All Aboard online lesson which introduces key ideas regarding online security.
This badge is awarded upon successful completion of the All Aboard introductory online lesson on Online Security. The badge holder should be able to:
- Have an understanding of the importance of selecting appropriate passwords for all your online accounts.
- Be capable of using simple strategies to choose strong and secure passwords.
- Know what is meant by 'phishing' and how to avoid being caught out.
- Be aware of some examples of security breaches where people's accounts have been compromised.
- Be able to distinguish between viruses, worms and other types of 'malware' and recognise the importance of protecting your computer.